Like two-thirds of Americans, I have had a lifelong struggle with weight. But last November, the FDA introduced new guidelines on providing clear and upfront labeling of caloric intake for certain foods and food establishments. This is great news for those of us who know that every calorie counts.
The new FDA food regulations should definitely be read by any food service organization to ensure compliance but here is a sampling of what kind of establishments will be affected.
- Foods you serve yourself from a salad or hot food bar
- Meals from sit‐down restaurants
- Foods purchased at drive‐through windows
- Take‐out food, such as pizza
- Foods, such as made‐to‐order sandwiches, ordered from a menu or menu board at a grocery store or delicatessen
- Muffins at a bakery or coffee shop
- Popcorn purchased at a movie theater or amusement park
- A scoop of ice cream, milk shake or sundae from an ice cream store
- Hot dogs or frozen drinks prepared on site in a convenience or warehouse store
- Certain alcoholic beverages
A great way to communicate nutritional information and calorie content to your customer is through the standing and spot signage lines from Imprint Plus. Our reusable food service signage systems are an easy, fast, and efficient way to make customized signage in a stylish design that is affordable and eco-friendly.
With our Imprint Plus patented design software, quality food service signage is created by simply typing in a name, adding a logo, color, or image, and printing the patented name badge inserts with a standard laser or inkjet printer. The reusable name badge inserts easily slide into the name plate and are ready for use again and again. When a menu item changes or there is a special promotion, the insert can easily be replaced. The food service signs are also food safe and can be wiped clean.
For more information about our reusable food signage systems, Click Here.
Check out our newest selection of Polycarbonate Food-Safe Contemporary Signs!
See our Media Release Here.
To learn more about our other reusable name badge and food service signage products designed for the food and beverage industry, Click Here.Tags: FDA, food, Restaurants, signage